When trying to play to a 4th generation Apple TV with tvOS 10.2, you will get the error ‘“Apple TV” requires device verification.’
Unfortunately, Beamer does not support device verification and as of tvOS 10.2, it’s not possible to disable this. (If you’re using an older version of tvOS you can turn of device verification via Settings > AirPlay > Security.)
You can downgrade your Apple TV to tvOS 10.1.1 with the following steps:
- Download the 10.1.1 restore image from Apple.
- Connect your Apple TV to your Mac with a USB-C to USB-A cable. (Or a USB-A cable and an adapter.)
- In iTunes, click on the Apple TV and then while holding the Option (Alt) key, on “Restore Apple TV…”.
- Select the restore image file (IPSW) you downloaded at step 1.
- Start the restore. (Note that this will reset all your apps and settings, unfortunately.)
- Last but not least, once the restore is finished and you’ve set up the Apple TV, go to Settings > System > Software Updates and set “Automatically Update” to “Off”.
Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Contact Support